Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Footprints



Here are my footprints. This was an activity to describe myself and the important things in my life. My footprints are in purple because I truly like the color purple. I have a sun with a flower, which is made out of tissue paper, ribbon, and pipe cleaners, because it symbolizes that I love being outside especially in the spring time. I also put a picture of my family and boyfriend since they are the most important aspects in my life. A dog bone is one the foot since we have a new puppy. I also love fishing, so I added a Popsicle stick with a string to symbolize that. In the picture you can see all the other aspects about me!
This was an excellent activity for introductions and for teachers/peers to learn about one another. I plan to use this activity in my upcoming classroom. I could also extend this activity by using writing and having the children write a short page about their footprint art and how it relates to their personal lives. Another great activity would be to learn about a classmate and create another one for that classmate describing them. It would be a way for students to get acquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment